Monday, January 16, 2012

HAPPY M "OWL" K DAY!

As we all know, today is MLK Day in America. This is the day that we reinforce hurtful stereotypes by remembering the struggles of African Americans by not working. This is also the day where Americans of all creeds and colors gather together to paraphrase, regurgitate, or manufacture the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Holiday FUN includes:

-Over-simplifying Dr. King's messages and life story!
-Taking quotes out of context to use them to support your opinions!
-Guilt!
-Big savings at Mattress Giant!

This MLK Day was special for me in that I had the day off. I (of course) took this opportunity to have lunch with my white friends at the whitest restaurant in America that also serves soul food (Black Eyed Pea.) After engorging myself on cornbread, turnip greens, and sweet potatoes, I had an epiphany.

What if nobody in America was as sensitive and empathetic and racially accepting as I was?

Clearly I, who had never witnessed the Civil Rights Movement first-hand or ever had to endure racial prejudice, was the only man wise enough to tell people about the true message that Dr. King lived and died for. (It seems like a lot of people feel and act this way. Trust me, though, I'm the one who deserves attention.)

Since I know that this holiday is the national festival of paraphrasing, I present to you, dear spambots, my hollow glossing-over of the hero of millions.

Martin HOOOther King Jr.

This is not a visual metaphor. There are actually fish in North America that have "injustice" written on their side. The fish themselves aren't evil. In fact, they are incapable of understanding intangibles such as justice. They do taste delicious, however.

Either way, here's this week's Owl Related Greeting Card.


This card is a great way to break the ice with people of different races. It's also a great card for people who want to appear racially unbiased but are not racially unbiased.

No comments:

Post a Comment