Monday, August 15, 2011

Adventures in Residency PART 3: FUNNY PAGE FOLLIES

As much as I would love to do the usual owl related greeting card this week, my attention has been focused on something I can't help but feel is a little bit more important. You see, last week I stumbled upon possibly the funniest funny ever to appear in the sunday funnies.

THIS IS THE ACTUAL STRIP. UNEDITED.


I AM STILL LAUGHING.

I've been obsessed with this hilarious punchline since I posted this last week, so, instead of a greeting card, I feel I should treat you to an inside look at the Funky Winker-experiment I've been Funky Winker-tinkering with lately.

Everyone can see that the punchline in the above strip is VERY, VERY FUNNY.

But is the punchline still funny in other comic strips? Let's take a look.

Blondie (2011)

Red and Rover (2011)

Love Is... (2009)

Zoobooks (1995)

Boy's Life (Dink and Duff, 1996)

Kratt's Creatures (1996)

The Magic School Bus (1990)

I'm pleased with how that turned out. This experiment in Funky Winker-Humor opened my eyes to the true hilarity that is Tom Batiuk, and inspired me to clean my room when I realized that I still had issues of Boy's Life from 1996 sitting around.

No comments:

Post a Comment