Monday, November 28, 2011

LORDY LORDY; LOOK WHO'S 52

Tonight  is a very special day here at MOAB. This post, according to my calculations, is the 52nd post of this blog. Since I update weekly, that means that this is my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

Can you really believe that, one year ago today, on that frosty May morning, I began the 12 hour owl related greeting card challenge?

NO, YOU CAN NOT.

So much has changed since then. The biggest, of course, being the fact that when I started this blog, readers were scarce. Now that the blog (and myself, frankly) have had a chance to mature, there are no readers.

Here's a great anniversary card. It reaffirms your love for whomever it is handed to, and, in the purposes of this blog, reaffirms the fact that I would never change what happened a year ago; and would do it all over again in a heart-beat because I have a mental sickness.


And now, in honor of it being the 52nd post, I have an EXTRA SPECIAL OWL RELATED TREAT FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY READ WORDS AND DON'T JUST LOOK AT PICTURES! I recently came across a recording from a lost episode of the monstrously unpopular UPN sitcom "Owl City." Since a lot of you are probably unfamiliar with "Owl City," I'll fill you in on a few fun facts.

1. The premise is that an owl is living in an apartment. (It sounds dull, but it's zany when you think about it. Who would rent an apartment to an owl?)
2. Many episodes were made, but few of them lasted longer than four minutes, even with commercials.
3. People often wonder why a multi-camera sitcom like this would not feature a laugh track. The simple answer is that it was actually filmed in front of a live studio audience, but they never actually laughed.



Well, that's it. Happy anniversary, dear reader. May we continue to consummate each other, over and over again, long after the guard has told us to stop four times and no longer cares.

1 comment: