Friday, May 20, 2011

FINAL HOUR

THIS IS IT, PEOPLE. 12 HOURS OF NOTHING BUT OWL RELATED GREETING CARDS.

I wish I could say it was easy, but damn.

So many owls.

Here's a handy owl related greeting card. There are several uses for this baby.

1. Informing patient of a terminal illness
2. Informing partner of break up or divorce
3. Adorable suicide note

But is that really "owl", folks?

THERE IS MORE.

Owl related greeting cards are like narcotics, in that the more of them you involve yourself with, the sicker you become. And part of that sickness is a compulsion to create MORE owl related greeting cards. Like, say...

BAM! It's called going abowlve and beyowlnd the call owlf duty. (Does anyone else think it looks like Welsh when I do that?) Here is one extra owl related greeting card with...

Two - TWO - TWO PUNS IN ONE.

That's it, right? Actually, there's one more thing I want to say.
Not technically an owl related greeting card. It's more like an owl related prescription drug ad. My one regret is that I didn't have enough time to redraw the logo as "Ciowlis". (They just come to me!)

There is one thing I will never regret, though.

I will NEVER regret creating this blog. I will never forget the strength, v"owl"or, and bravery that I mustered to devote twelve straight hours to the production of owl related greeting cards.

I am a hero.

And while my unnamed artist arch nemesis is yet to make her position clear on the resounding pounding she received courtesy of me and my owls today, I can only imagine she is somewhere in the night, poking a crackling hearth deep in the belly of a mansion she crafted from a whale carcass (as is her custom.) And as she sits there, back crooked and teeth sharpened, I should hope a cold chill is running down her spine. For you see, the elaborate dream she crafted for herself is over. A new dawn is rising over the canyon walls, children. And much like the tawny, silent wings of a great swooping owl, it covers us all.

It covers us OWL.

2 comments:

  1. teh owl is strong with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the best blog I have ever read

    and that includes at least three other ones

    ReplyDelete