Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Funny Page Follies Part Two

Seeing as it's not Monday, I felt that today was a good, good day to share with the rest of you what I do when I'm not making owl related greeeting cards on the back of envelopes. As most of you know, I am a syndicated cartoonist for over 100 newspapers across the Balkan Peninsula (including the Skopje Scoop, the Tirana Tribune, and the Bosnian version of Archie, called Teen-Teen dhe Kafkë Grusht.) Doing cartoons in the region is pretty easy, since most of the story arcs are simply cautionary tales involving landmine avoidance. The one comic that has made me a hut-hold name in the Balkans, though, is a simple daily called "Problemet Oposum." It revolves around a talking possum that is constantly befuddled by modern life. (I don't understand it's popularity. It isn't translated from English, and, in almost every village in the region, a talking possum is considered an omen that portends the death of a child.) Either way, thanks to "Problemet Oposum," I am rolling in the pennies that their currencies convert into.


Everyone should be lucky enough to write for Balkan audiences. The infant mortality rate is way high, but their expectations are way low.

No comments:

Post a Comment