Monday, October 24, 2011

Yes... Still Crows.

Well, the crows are still here. In case you've been missing out on the drama because you're one of the many, many, many people who don't care, here's a recap. My quiet life of penning alternate history novels and drawing owl related greeting cards was interrupted recently by a roving gang of thousands of disgruntled crows. It was determined in Crow Court that I should be sentenced to a month of creating nothing but crow related greeting cards. I tried to launch a CAWbjection, but, of course, I was CROWverruled.

I have noticed something strange, however. Either I have begun to go native, or I have simply begun to see the beauty in crow-style living. They never wear clothes, and they can fly. That can be said about a lot of birds and several fish; but the crows carry with them a certain dignity. They also carry fish hooks with them so that they can hook peoples' ears or scalps or eyelids and fly away holding the other end of the line.

THEY ACTUALLY DO THIS ALL THE TIME. TRULY THEY ARE REMARCROWBLE ANIMALS.

So here's this week's crow related greeting card; straight from my heart to whichever bird functions as the heart within the single-minded flock of crows acting as one much larger entity in my back yard.


Here's a fun CROW FACT:

Did you know that there are several collective nouns assigned to describe a group of crows?

A murder of crows
A manslaughter of crows
A vehicular manslaughter of crows (only when each crow is driving a tiny RC car)
A counting of crows
A herd of crows
A rustle of crows
A cobra of crows (only when the group of crows has formed together to create a fully functioning cobra, complete with the ability to spit poisonous crows)

No comments:

Post a Comment